Sunday, March 18, 2007

the punk's umbrella

This story happened when the house that I lived in was in a flood. It was Thursday and I was teaching when that heavy rain came streaming down the windows. And my head was filled by thought that the whole city might be in flood, it was so distracting.

However I went to the mall before going home [the course place was at the mall actually] and bought some food. I thought I would easily get to the crossing bridge [jembatan penyeberangan hehehe] to then get an angkot to go home. But it was way more complicated, I brought documents I didn’t want to get wet and it was flooding everywhere literally.

I was standing in front of a shop looking for solution when there’s a guy offered me an umbrella. He was a punk [and she did ballet hehehe] and I said “ojek payung?” [umbrella for rent], he said yes. The plan was I used the umbrella to cross the street and then get an angkot but there’s no driver would sacrifice their angkot in that water level in account that they would ruin the engine.

So we ended up walked under the rain in the MIDDLE of the street, there was no vehicle anyway, and he refused to be under the umbrella although it was gigantic it would take 3 people. We talked a little bit about punk, where he lived and how he lived etc and before we knew he walked me home.

For me it was such an experience when people here were weirded out by the existence of punk and that nowadays they are everywhere. And btw I think it was my second experience walking in a flood plus under the rain.

No comments: