Sunday, March 18, 2007

Crackling candy



I was out at the mall for the replacement of my broken shoes when the idea of starting to consume skin supplement came to my mind again. So soon after I knew it was hopeless for the next generation of shoes to be found, I headed out to the pharmacy shop, looked out for the suit-to-my-pocket vitamin E. The shopkeeper said there’s a discount on certain product that happened to have vitamin E. Sweet, I got a quite expensive supplement which my cousin-my private accountant said was cheap.

On the way out from the shop my eyes stopped on something that looked familiar. I bent down to see and found out that it was stash of crackling candies. I was so happy to see it again, it’s been years since my last pack so I grabbed one, the strawberry one.

It’s amazing how something little, in this case this crackling candy, could bring you back to your childhood memory. When having this thing would mean everything to the child-you and then just let small pieces of the candy melted and crackled in your mouth. I did it, sat down and enjoyed the crackling and brought back the child in me. It was kindda delirious, like I’d seize every crackle.

I saw this kind of scene in a movie “Suddenly 30”, when the main characters eat razzle or something for old time sake. And that’s just what I did, alone with the kind of happiness that’s only mine.


Oh crackling candy
Wonderfully just take me
Back to my childhood
In a flavor of fruit

No comments: