Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Indonesians and Sunglasses

I reckon some time after wearing contact lenses, my eyes get quite sensitive. I started to feel blinded by lights. I, since then, wear sunglasses a lot. By a lot means I have lots of them :D

The thing is Indonesians think sunglasses as something FANCY. They... We... associate sunglasses with celebrities. I guess back then it's an expensive thing and only certain people can buy it. But dudes, that's far in the past yet I still get the bad influence from that era even from someone I know. Like one day on lunch break we went to the mall by public vehicle, an intern girl at my office said "wow you look like a celebrity, taking public vehicle" DOH.

That's nothing compared to this one hot day when I decided to go swimming. I didn't bother to wear my contact lenses cos I was going to swim, it was blasting hot outside so I wear my prescribed sunglasses. As I walked into the hotel I knew it would be too dark to wear sunglasses but heck it was just short walk to the pool, why bother to change to glasses. So I walked to the pool... noticed people were looking at me, sat at the usual corner and as I was getting ready to swim I heard giggle and a girl said to her friend "is she blind?" and more giggle. I stood up and glared at them. "Are you retarded to think a blind person could walk by the pool?" said my glare.

Moral of the story, some Indonesians choose to squint their eyes blinded by the sun. Some are normal....



No comments: